MECU (Municipal Employees Credit Union)
The MECU Credit Union story begins in 1936. During the height of the Great Depression, Baltimore workers were struggling to make ends meet. Numerous banks were closing and loan sharks were charging exorbitant interest rates and taking advantage of the working class. To ensure Baltimoreans were able to access affordable financial services, city employees joined together and MECU was founded.
MECU now serve individuals and local businesses throughout the Baltimore area. Our community has grown to 110,000 members. We've evolved our technology and convenience, with access to thousands of free ATMs and state-of-the-art mobile banking.
We are looking for a Manager of IT Infrastructure Operations to manage all functional aspects of the Infrastructure Operations area of the IT Department. You will oversee service and technology vendors, both cloud and on-premises hosted infrastructure, and govern and ensure adherence to IT related policies and procedures. You will also contribute to budgeting, and planning of network systems as well as maintenance and support. In addition to operational management, this role will be involved with senior IT leadership and internal business stakeholders to understand business and customer needs and assess, propose, and implement technical solutions that align with and facilitate these needs.
- Supervise day-to-day Tier-3 support activities related to support tickets from the Service Desk team.
- Oversee all 3rd-party infrastructure related IT vendor services, contracts, and support relationships ensuring vendor compliance to agreed services, scopes, contract provisions, security and compliance requirements, including but not limited to telecom circuits and services, managed LAN/WAN services, cloud and/or 3rd-party hosted and on-premises-supported business applications.
- Operate as a senior technical resource, providing senior-level expertise to your team and in support of escalated service desk / systems issues, design engineering projects and overall governance of a holistic systems architecture.
- Promote and exemplify a culture of excellent customer service.
DEPARTMENT MANAGEMENT AND GOVERNANCE
- Oversee and operate the function of IT infrastructure systems management for all infrastructure and business systems, including backups, patching, systems monitoring, software/firmware updates for both on-prem Windows-on-VMware environment as well as future virtual Cloud-hosted PaaS/SaaS/IaaS environments.
- Provide or acquire 3rd-party subject-matter expertise in the security and management of Cloud (such as Microsoft 365 / Azure) and on-prem environments to ensure proper design and management of these environments.
- Implement, operate and monitor all cybersecurity functions and proactively protect the organization from cyber threats both internal and external, in compliance with regulatory requirements while working with Information Security Manager.
- Keep documentation and logs of all regulatory-required systems information as evidence to provide for annual audits. Support internal and external audit activities.
- Monitor performance, up-time and capacity of all systems both internal and vendor-hosted/managed via creation and upkeep of automated controls and monitoring systems where able.
- Propose and implement approved upgrades to manage overall systems health, performance and capacity.
- Forecast and budget for hardware/software multi-year lifecycle needs, considering components such as business growth, usage, and future capacity needs.
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of technology usage, systems management policies and procedures and ensure adherence by team staff
- Support needs of IT Audits and Exams
- Automate systems controls and processes where possible, and continually seek opportunities to further automation.
- Represent IT department in meetings related to IT policies, services and procedures.
- Establish and maintain the Infrastructure Operations portion of the IT operations budget.
- Manage day-to-day time and attendance of IT staff, including scheduling and task workload.
- Manage operational performance and workload of service providers/vendors in relation to their assigned duties and areas of technical management.
- Provide operational and security performance metrics reports/data to senior leadership and Information Security Manager.
- Participate in established change management process in the planning of modifications, updates, upgrades, etc. internally and with vendors or service providers and business units as required.
- Recommend and continually improve policies and procedures.
Required Skillset & Experience/Education
- Understands company’s technical infrastructure and ecosystem to provide relevant technical assessments and proposals to support company’s strategic goals and business needs, including implementation of new systems, upgrades to existing systems, software, research and procurement of vendor services or cloud hosting solutions etc.
- Design and implement future cloud-based infrastructure solutions as the company moves more towards a cloud-centric infrastructure strategy.
- Outline pros and cons for each solution to enable effective and informed business decisions, ensuring solution integrates well with existing technology ecosystem and conforms to the credit union’s risk strategy and appetite.
Preferred Skillset & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or Business Administration
- 7+ years of relevant and progressive infrastructure engineering and systems management experience using enterprise-level technologies
- 3+ years of relevant experience of managing/leading technical projects and assessing technical solutions
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a lead role of a technology team and direct supervision of staff
- Strong Knowledge and experience with the following computer and server hardware and networking technologies:
- Network Operating Systems: Windows 2012, 2016, 2019
- Scripting languages such as PowerShell, batch preferred, others desirable
- Relational Database Systems administration with SQL Server or other relevant enterprise DBMS
- Enterprise-appropriate systems administration principles, practices and methods,
- Enterprise-grade networking components including firewalls, routers, VPN, switches, Layer-3 IP Networking and design.
- SD-WAN management/implementation experience desirable
- Email Hosting and administration (Microsoft 365 and on-premises Exchange preferred),
- Management of Cloud-hosted infrastructure desirable
- Enterprise SAN/NAS storage and storage networking
- Security systems management such as endpoint protection, IDS/IPS, SIEM, Vulnerability scanning, etc.
- Strong analytical skills with fundamental understanding of the underlying business or customer need
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders to drive alignment
- Ability to manage change and take active leadership in timely decision-making
- Ability to lead and motivate people and encourage teamwork
- Related IT Industry certifications of leading technologies such as Microsoft MCSE, Azure Infrastructure administration, Cisco CCNA or better, VMware VCP, security-related certifications or equivalent experience
- Experience managing and securing cloud-hosting environments, including IaaS, SaaS and PaaS, preferably with Azure
- Experience developing project plans and managing projects in a banking or financial services organization
- Knowledge of core banking systems and processes
For more information visit: https://www.mecu.com
This is a full-time, permanent position that includes benefits. Must be able to report onsite in Baltimore, MD.