Business Development Executive - Financial Services Practice
Hartman Executive Advisors is seeking an experienced Business Development Executive who will work with our Financial Service Practice Leader, marketing and company ownership to develop new business relationships within our financial services portfolio, which is largely comprised of community banks and credit unions. The Business Development Executive will leverage existing relationships, and will adopt an approved activity plan designed to create new relationships and customers. Qualified candidates need to be experienced engaging C-level business executives in both social as well as individual environments in order to evaluate opportunities and communicate Hartman’s unique value proposition. People who thrive on working with executive teams and gaining the trust of customers and prospects by helping businesses solve strategic problems through the effective utilization of information technology would be a good fit for this role.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Work with company ownership to develop a personal plan of action designed to achieve sales goals by developing profitable business within Hartman’s financial services practice.
- Establish and execute weekly and monthly activity plan (events, warm calls, COI meetings, prospect meetings, proposals, and closes) designed to achieve established sales goals.
- Work with the Marketing team to leverage Hartman content and events for prospective clients and centers of influence.
- Work with Practice Leaders in a team selling environment to design solutions and strategies to meet the needs of our prospective clients.
Please note that this is a full-time permanent position with benefits and bonus opportunity.
- 7+ years of business development experience in a professional services organization that sells to business to business clients
- Sales experience and strong connections in banks, credit unions, insurance, wealth management, and mortgage
- Strong understanding of industry operations, trends, challenges, and strategies
- Working knowledge of relationship selling principles, including the ability to conduct an effective sales meeting, ask effective questions, explore customer pain, communicate how our solutions can uniquely solve prospective customer pain, effectively close business, etc.
- Experience forming relationships with and selling directly to the CEO and other executive members of organizations
- While deep technical knowledge is not required, the successful candidate must have the ability to understand the business and technology challenges of our prospective customers, and be able to work with the operational team to recommend an engagement scope of work (SOW) to resolve those challenges
- Experience in managing multiple projects/programs simultaneously
- Experience managing resources, budgets and project timing
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong business writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
Learn more about our organization at www.hartmanadvisors.com