Hartman Executive Advisors was founded with the vision of providing business-focused, vendor-independent consulting to mid-sized companies. As independent, trusted strategic advisors to our clients, Hartman’s mission is to create meaningful business outcomes that foster growth, greater financial returns and market dominance. By developing a deep understanding of the business challenges arising from poorly aligned technology, and uncovering the transformational opportunities that result from strategically aligned technology, we set the path to advance, cultivate and leverage people, processes and systems to change and transform organizations. At Hartman, we deliver powerful business outcomes by leveraging technology strategy as a game-changer for our clients.
Hartman Executive Advisors is seeking an Business Applications focused CTO in the Baltimore/Washington-Metropolitan region with technical and managerial experience to work with our senior team of IT and business professionals on various IT assessment, strategic technology planning and project implementation engagements for our clients.
The Business Applications CTO will work closely with executives to improve business performance and meet organizational goals through the use of innovative technology, leadership strategies and management services. Candidate will be responsible for leading change within software development teams, schedule, and delivery of services for initiatives around Business Systems Optimization, Application Development Projects, and Software Selection/Implementation. Other duties include interacting with C-Suite Executives and project stakeholders providing advisory around IT assessments, project roadmaps and strategy development.
- 5+ years experience leading software development teams
- Prior experience writing software code
- Working experience with Product Management concepts
- Experience with multiple system integration methods (APIs, Microservices, Service Oriented Architecture)
- Prior experience with database development, reporting and business intelligence
- Experience developing applications for cloud (AWS and/or Azure)
- Experience with Microsoft Power Platform a plus, but not required
- Must have a process focuses mindset in which to address business and IT challenges
- Proven ability to gather, understand, document and communicate business requirements and to translate these into systems specifications/project deliverables
- Excellent planning, organizing, budgeting, verbal, writing, executive presentation, and meeting management skills
- Ability to interact effectively across organization/ diverse cultures, and communicate clearly, concisely, and persuasively
- Initiative to identify and communicate opportunities to contribute additional value to existing and prospective clients
- Self-motivated, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Masters preferable
- Related Certifications preferable PMP, Scrum Master, Certified Developer