Hartman Executive Advisors is the region’s only completely independent technology advisory firm. We work with executives and nonprofit leaders to align IT solutions with business goals and strategy. Since Hartman does not profit from the sale of any system or technology, clients trust the advice and guidance they receive are strictly in their best interest. By developing a deep understanding of the business challenges arising from poorly aligned technology and uncovering the transformational opportunities that result from strategically aligned technology, we set the path to advance, cultivate and leverage people, processes, and systems to change and transform organizations. At Hartman, we deliver powerful business outcomes by leveraging technology strategy as a game-changer for our clients.
We are seeking an intern who is passionate about working with people and contributing to processes that build relationships with candidates, contractors, and employees. We strive to provide an overall excellent experience from the moment a job seeker reviews an opportunity, through hiring and employment, as well as when transitioning to a new role. The People Resources Intern is a part-time, paid position, with average hours expectations of approximately 15-20 hours per week. Our summer internship runs from May to August with the opportunity to be extended based on performance. Given the current COVID conditions, this position is primarily remote.
During this internship, you will assist with and learn how to:
- Identify ways to make job opportunities more visible to potential candidates
- Enhance and maintain processes to ensure we stay connected to candidates in our network
- Build relationships with universities, industry organizations and technology groups
- Build relationships with prospective job candidates through online and (when possible) in-person events
- Market recruiting programs and open roles to relevant universities, organizations and groups
- Review candidate applications and resumes
- Advance qualified candidates through the hiring process
- Answer job seeker questions as they arise
Additionally, you can expect to work directly with our Chief of Staff on activities such as:
- Optimizing functionality of our applicant tracking system
- Creating visualizations with Power BI
- Reviewing current processes, such as onboarding process for employees, and providing input for enhancing the new employee experience
- Facilitating virtual candidate events and outreach
- Sourcing candidates through various social media outlets (Indeed, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Coordinating virtual team engagement activities
- Data analysis and reporting
- Assisting with the full cycle recruitment and selection process.
- Data entry and database maintenance
- Currently enrolled in 3rd or 4th year of college graduate or advanced degree program, or recent graduate
- Interest in developing strong relationships with candidates and team members
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to review, analyze and report on data
- Can take direction well and work independently
- Outgoing, friendly, and enthusiastic
- Able to produce high quality documentation and deliverables within a defined timeframe
- Coursework in Information Technology, Human Resources, Business Management, Business Administration or related fields
***This is a remote, however, the ideal candidate should currently reside in the Baltimore, DC, or Northern VA areas.
To learn more about Hartman Executive Advisors, please visit our website at https://hartmanadvisors.com/