Hartman Executive Advisors was founded with the vision of providing business-focused, vendor-independent consulting to mid-sized companies. As independent, trusted strategic advisors to our clients, Hartman’s mission is to create meaningful business outcomes that foster growth, greater financial returns and market dominance. By developing a deep understanding of the business challenges arising from poorly aligned technology, and uncovering the transformational opportunities that result from strategically aligned technology, we set the path to advance, cultivate and leverage people, processes and systems to change and transform organizations. At Hartman, we deliver powerful business outcomes by leveraging technology strategy as a game-changer for our clients.
The Strategic IT Executive role is responsible for leading industry growth initiatives. This is a client facing role responsible for growth of Hartman Executive Advisors (HEA) revenues for a portfolio of clients within the Higher Education sector. The Strategic IT Executive accomplishes role goals through active strategic engagement with clients, identifying and advising on business innovation opportunities and developing a reputation as a thought leader. This role leads client engagements supported by team of CIOs within a defined industry or range of industries and may function as the CIO and/or CM in certain client engagements. The Strategic IT Executive role reports directly to the Practice Area Leader.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and manage profitable industry growth initiatives
- Generate leads and engage in business development activities, such as proposal development, to secure new clients
- Ensure client engagement strategy is business focused and specific to industry trends and needs
- Actively engage in client onboarding to ensure successful handoff from business development to engagement team
- Oversee existing client relationships, including strategic planning, review content of deliverables, and identifying growth opportunities
- Forecast industry client revenue
- Demonstrate thought leadership in industry space, including speaking engagements, webinars, panel discussions and networking events
- Join and be an active member of relevant associations and organizations that provide education and networking in the industry
- Educate and develop Hartman team members to gain experience in industry
***This is a full-time, permanent position with benefits and can be worked primarily remotely, however may have to be on site as needed. We do not provide employment sponsorship.
- 10+ years industry expertise in Higher Education
- 5+ experience in sales and/or developing client relationships
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA desirable