Managing Director, Technical Services
This role will focus on productization and internal marketing of technical infrastructure and cyber service line offerings, standardizing methodologies to enhance team member training and development, as well as high quality repeatable client outcomes, and ongoing professional development of assigned team members. The role will also contribute to the growth and sales of service line offerings, primarily by acting as a service line sales engineer and/or ambassador in collaboration with the Business Development team. Experience leading and managing a technology P&L in a professional services environment is desired.
This role works closely with the Leadership team to provide service delivery excellence by implementing best practices as well as performance and delivery models and metrics. This role also works closely with our Business Development team and provides leadership and expertise during meetings and presentations to current and prospective clients.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Recruiting, Onboarding, Professional Development and Retention of team members. Directly contribute to and manage process to identify infrastructure service team hiring needs, priorities, timelines and compensation target levels. Ensure job descriptions and screening criteria are effective in identifying and vetting needed skills and experience.
- Manage the professional development process for team members, including evaluating performance, providing individual coaching, career discussion, and identification of training or other needs.
- Ensure best practices and methodologies are created and adopted to ensure repeatable, profitable service delivery and high-quality outcomes for clients.
- Provide client services in a billable capacity in a leadership role.
- Retention of team members by ensuring that utilization, proper role assignments, training and/or professional development needs are attended to.
- Grow and market the firm’s infrastructures services, with initial focus on existing clients
- Identify trends and client needs in order to stay current with technology platforms and team skills and experience required to deliver high quality services.
- Additionally, growing these services beyond our current client base of clients, to include CIOs/CTOs of larger mid-market firms in the Mid-Atlantic region, as well as, possibly other adjacent markets as feasible.