|The Information Technology Manager/Help Desk Manager contract role will manage and oversee IT operations, system and technical infrastructure, and maintain responsibility for the ongoing performance of the IT service desk based on the needs of the organization. This position is a very hands-on role and is responsible for ensuring the user experience is positive and predictable in terms of both technology and customer service by leveraging internal resources and vendor partners. The position requires an understanding of current and future information system requirements and the ability to identify the practical implications and system capabilities related to achieving organizational goals. The IT Manager will have primary responsibility for implementing IT-related policies and procedures based on best practices and ensuring the availability of necessary technical resources to support the evolving needs of the organization.
|MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning and Organizing
- Prioritizes relevant activities based on multiple priorities to achieve assigned responsibilities within agreed upon timeframes.
- Collaborates with team members to provide feedback on overall process and propose areas for improvement and/or to mitigate risk.
- Creates, manages, and budgets for an enterprise architecture as it relates to technical and system infrastructure.
- Manages and monitors relevant metrics in customer service and system performance with a focus on continual improvement.
- Plans, administers and manages network infrastructure including development and implementation of wiring configuration standards connectivity solutions, overall network operation systems, network software, server hardware configurations, network file systems, and directory structure. Manages the maintenance and software updates to all servers.
- Plans, administers and manages the fiber and data connectivity for multiple and wireless access systems including cloud based applications.
- Plans and manages PC hardware inventory, assembly and installation/replacement, and resolution of routine hardware and communication problems.
- Develops and maintains written policies and procedures that govern the computer and information technology functions of the organization.
- Develops, maintains, monitors and tests disaster plans that will keep the organization functional in the event of a crisis.
- Prepares and presents a technology report to the executive team on a semi-annual basis.
- Provides leadership and oversight to the IT team mentoring, providing growth opportunities, and assisting in professional development planning.
- Identifies and addresses training and skills requirements in line with the organization’s technology road map.
- Works collaboratively with system and service providers to ensure adequate service levels are being met and issues are timely remediated.
Technical Subject Matter Expertise
- Keeps up to date with current trends in technology and understanding of how the organization compares.
- Works closely with departmental and senior managers to determine the maintenance and growth needs of the network.
- Acts as an escalation point for internal resources on Tier 3 items or coordinates appropriate resources.
- Oversees and assists with managing processes i.e. change management, roll back planning, root cause analysis, etc.
- Assists project owners with developing requirements, outlines, budgets, timelines/schedules , project tracking and status reports for information technology projects including upgrades and new implementations.
|SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner and participate in working groups.
- Ability to conduct basic system administration for AActive Directory, network, and email management as required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
|EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Learn more about our organization at www.hartmanadvisors.com
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; degree in the field of computer science, MIS, or engineering desirable.
- Minimum of five to seven years relevant work experience
- Strong technical grasp of desktop support and PC Life Cycle Management.
- Highly proficient in MS Office suite and MS Windows Operating Systems.
- Strong technical knowledge in tablet and other mobile technologies.
- Strong organizational skills with keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills. Customer service oriented.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to present ideas in user-friendly language. Ability to train users and communicate procedures and changes related to technology
- Strong knowledge of computers, networking principles including wireless networks.
- Proven experience in applying successful project management, planning and prioritization skills.
***Please note this is a contract opportunity, working for one of our clients.