Hartman Executive Advisors was founded with the vision of providing business-focused, vendor-independent consulting to mid-sized companies. As independent, trusted strategic advisors to our clients, Hartman’s mission is to create meaningful business outcomes that foster growth, greater financial returns and market dominance. By developing a deep understanding of the business challenges arising from poorly aligned technology and uncovering the transformational opportunities that result from strategically aligned technology, we set the path to advance, cultivate and leverage people, processes and systems to change and transform organizations. At Hartman, we deliver powerful business outcomes by leveraging technology strategy as a game-changer for our clients.
Hartman is looking for a Clinical Informatics Consultant to provide the expertise needed to support projects related to system selection and implementation as well as continuous improvement initiatives. This includes being a key contributor to efforts related to identifying requirements, analyzing existing/new clinical systems (EHR/EMR) to ensure they meet the complex and changing business needs of our clients. The Clinical Informatics Consultant will be expected to demonstrate innovative approaches to solving unique challenges and growing complexities within the business and regulatory environments of our clients. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of clinical systems, healthcare workflows, business and systems analysis.
- Document requirements, define scope and objectives and formulate systems to meet business strategies.
- Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements; forming project team; establishing project budget.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Make recommendations on operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Ensure high levels of service delivery, systems availability, security controls and recoverability. Drive cost saving through innovation and critical thinking.
- Deliverables will include project charters, project management plans, Architectural review documents, design reviews, change and release management documents.
- Design and implement performance and operational enhancements.
- Be a major contributor in the forensic analysis of a system issue and add value to the determination to the root cause analysis and the development of improvements to prevent reoccurrence.
- Develop internal documentation for key systems and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a healthcare related field preferred; will consider formal education in IT and Business in lieu of relevant experience
- RN or LPN licensure is preferred but not a requirement
- 5+ years in clinical informatics or related experience required
- At a minimum, basic knowledge of HIPAA and security regulations
- Experience with any or all of the following clinical systems required
- Ambulatory (NextGen, EClinicalWorks, Athena Health)
- Senior Living (MatrixCare, PointClickCare)