Systems Administrator - Contractor
We are seeking a Systems Administrator on a project/contractor basis to provide day to day technical support as well as basic server/network administration. This role will install/maintain HW/SW, monitor network status, ensure proper device functionality, email system administration and assist in resolving IT related issues across the organization.
- Serve as a primary point of contact supporting technology incidents and requests, including but not limited to
- End-user Help Desk requests and incident tracking with Spiceworks ticketing system
- Hardware and software support, upgrades and replacement of laptop, desktop, printer, and server systems
- Troubleshooting of network and/or server-related incidents
- Execution of approved network and server requests
- Set up new user accounts, permissions, and passwords
- Manage e-mail, anti-spam, and virus protection
- Provide training and guidance to all users
- Manage and monitor Veeam backups
- Experienced in administering Office365 accounts, mailboxes, and multi-factor authentication
- Perform ongoing systems maintenance and administration activities such as: system patching, backup monitoring, system performance monitoring, security monitoring, etc.
- Deploy laptop and desktop workstations to staff utilizing imaging software and best practice methodologies
- Deploy and configure network telecommunications devices (network switches, routers, wireless access points, etc.)
- Update network security – maintain access permissions, implement policies, remediate vulnerabilities, etc..
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2+ years of prior experience operating in a similar system administrator role
- Direct hands-on experience with troubleshooting and support of computers, servers, and network devices operating in a multi-site environment based on Microsoft technology
- Working knowledge with modern security, system patching, and threat protection best practices, tools, and technologies that are used to protect an enterprise level computing environment
- Working knowledge of LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi configuration and troubleshooting concepts
- Working knowledge of common support and system administration tasks related to supporting email in a Microsoft Office365/Outlook based messaging environment