|The purpose of this position is to facilitate engagement with business leaders, functions and users in order to identify and support opportunities for workflow as well as process improvement enabled by technology-based systems. As such there will be a strong focus on understanding and applying basic concepts relative to business process mapping, project management, and the ability to interact and approach complex problems utilizing an analytical and detailed approach.
The Business Analyst role requires inquisitiveness and ability to efficiently reach an understanding of complex tasks. This role acts as a liaison among stakeholders to elicit, analyze, communicate, validate and document requirements for changes to business processes, policies and where appropriate information systems.
|Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in MIS, Informatics, Statistics or Engineering is preferred.
- 3-6 years minimum experience as a Business Analyst or similar role interfacing with functional leaders as well as end users.
- Experience or familiarity with Point Click Care system
- Six Sigma or other Lean Method certifications is preferred but not required
- Experience in data analysis and using findings to recommend and implement process and system workflow improvements.
- Demonstrated experience in requirements gathering, including asking key questions when interviewing stakeholders.
- Experience in reviewing business processes and workflows, analyze, and make recommendations with measurable outcomes and metrics.
- Proven experience in applying successful project management, planning and prioritization skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Ability to train users and communicate procedures and changes related to technology.
- Clinical background preferred
- Uphold the Broadmead Mission
- Demonstrate the core values of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence.
- Provide excellent customer service to residents, staff, volunteers, families, visitors and vendors
- Communicate effectively with all customers, including understanding, speaking, reading and writing in English
- Maintain resident and staff confidentiality
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Support person-centered care
Planning and Organizing
- Uses agreed upon structures and methods to prioritize relevant activities based on multiple priorities to achieve assigned responsibilities within agreed upon timeframes.
- Estimates time required to achieve desired outcomes; works with functional teams to determine appropriate test plans, deployment plans and support for business systems and/or general process improvement implementations.
- Works with the business and user support function to recommend appropriate training, communication and scheduling as systems and/or processes are deployed.
- Assumes Project Management responsibilities on assigned projects that require research, data collection, critical thinking, and business system or workflow expertise.
- Produces professional quality project artifacts including but not limited to business requirement documents, requirement plans, models (e.g. data, event, context and process), traceability matrices, use cases, issue logs, and other documents as needed.
- Ensures documentation is created relative to workflow or system changes in collaboration with the business and peers.
- Works with departmental leaders and other stakeholder to lead the creation and documentation around standard operating procedures.
Skills and Abilities:
- Leads analysis of business needs of key stakeholders across the organization. Interacts with stakeholders to elicit and summarize overall requirements by translating business needs into tangible initiatives.
- Conducts data analysis, identifies relevant key performance indicators in line with standard operating procedures where available.
- Ensures that system requirements meet business needs and that the business is able to fully integrate and implement new systems or system features; contributes to defining measurable business outcomes for each.
- Assists the business in determining if and how new systems or system enhancements may improve process flow and business function.
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner and participate in working groups.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to work independently or in a team environment as needed.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong organizational skills with keen ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Accountable for promoting internal customer service.
- Abide by the organization’s code of conduct in the performance of their duties
- Perform other related duties as required
- Ability to hear, see and speak adequately (with or without accommodations) to perform the essential functions of the job
- Ability to perform repetitive movement actions including walking, standing and sitting for long periods of time to adequately perform the essential functions of the job
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- Ability to work in inside environmental conditions