Under supervision of the Chief Information Officer, this person will be responsible for the auditing of current systems as well as the development and support of the information security architecture that provides continuous protection of the company’s confidential information. This will include the evaluation of processes and systems to ensure integrity, confidentiality and availability resources. Responsibility to research, plan, design, and implement security requirements; respond to security events with on-call support and incident management; train personnel on security requirements and configurations, as well as use monitoring tools, and conduct routine security awareness training. Responsibilities will include assisting with the initial build and configuration, as well as troubleshooting and problem resolution, of core infrastructure, and related hardware/software. Maintenance and configuration of clinical systems and supporting systems, maintaining system back-ups and performing file and system restorations, as well as working with software and hardware vendors to facilitate installation or troubleshooting and repair. Participates in the continual update and maintenance of an organizational DR/BCP. Proactively manages Chase Brexton infrastructure and associated clinical environment ensuring the consistent performance, recommending configuration enhancements when appropriate. May require a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent knowledge gained through work in a similar position. Qualified applicants will have at least 3 years of experience in a related position or possess a relevant industry certification (i.e. Cisco CCNA or CCNE). CISSP certification is required. Applicant should be familiar with the majority of the IT field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Applicant will need to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and is expected to perform a variety of complicated tasks. Position will require 24x7 365 day per year availability and a wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analytical and Critical Thinking
- Perform operational tasks supporting intrusion detection, security incident response, security event log keeping and analysis, management reporting, and virus prevention and patch management functions.
- Writing and developing security policies, procedures and guidelines for the organization based on established industry best practices.
- Create and lead projects to develop, implement, and manage security technology functions and applications.
- Conduct security assessments (penetration testing, vulnerability scanning, auditing, etc.).
- Plan and implement necessary changes to combat vulnerabilities identified by these assessments, security advisories, intrusion detections, and perform problem analysis as required.
- Conduct risk assessments for internal / external projects, systems and vendors. Install, configure, maintain and troubleshoot security software and hardware including specialized e-mail firewalls, VPN’s, content monitoring, intrusion detection and prevention systems, as well as Antivirus, and any other security related software or hardware.
- Responsible for architecting a ransomware security response which safeguards data and provides a rapid recovery response and restoration of all impacted clinical systems.
- Administer Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) security measures using MS Azure and other industry leading technologies such as Imprivata. Responsible for EPCS authentication compliance.
- Secure systems access leveraging MS Azure SSO and related security mechanisms which safeguard clinical systems and data with encryption in transit and at-rest.
- Will administer the organizational IT security training and education programs to mitigate risks associated with Social Engineering (Phishing) and other associate-based security threats.
Problem Solving and Decision Making
- Assist with the configuration, maintenance, and upgrade rollout, and continuously improves the organization’s operating environment.
- Assist with the operation and maintenance of the onsite data center as well as any relevant colocations.
- Performs Network Administration tasks as directed, including performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems, and escalating problems when appropriate. Performs setup and staging of relevant equipment as needed.
- Systems Administration to ensure basic information technology security principles are adhered to across the organization.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining relevant documentation related to the network and surround architecture.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of network and server systems, applications, security, and related configurations.
- Participates in creating and maintaining company’s disaster recovery plans.
- Recommends upgrades and patches, as well as new applications and equipment.
- Leads the installation of new server level software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems.
- Architects and maintains system backups and recovery, maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Assists with the management of complex, virtualized, VMware systems environment.
- Participates in the maintenance of Microsoft Group Policy from an Enterprise approach.
- Assists with support and maintenance of complex Clinical Information Systems and related workflows.
- Evaluate and test Clinical Information Systems upgrades and patches prior to deployment.
- Ensure IT infrastructure meets the evolving requirements of the Clinical Information Systems.
- Maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure with emphasis on hardware/software which supports clinical systems. This includes monitoring operating environments, responding to incidents, and planning for growth.
- Ensure that storage, archive, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Assist with the prevention and/or remediation of security network incidents, unauthorized activities, malware infestations and potential security vulnerabilities.
Checking, Examining, and Recording:
- Interact with vendors where appropriate to work collaboratively on projects or to resolve system issues.
- Identify and participate in projects to improve the environment on an ongoing basis.
- Provide recommendations where appropriate to IT leadership regarding infrastructure improvement opportunities.
- Act as an IT liaison between the Chase Brexton IT team and Clinical teams evaluating workflow and resolving systems related issues.
- Assist with monitoring and maintenance of LAN and WAN network devices, firewalls, domain controllers and virtualization devices.
- Monitor performance of the clinical systems and related infrastructure to ensure optimum delivery of patient care.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Serve as an escalation path on the help desk as needed for higher tier issues as they become identified.
- Off hour on call support as required.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of networks, servers and storage systems.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks. Works well with others or independently depending on the required activities.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system fundamentals, system administration, network management, computer hardware and software support and their application to related medical equipment.
- A high level of proficiency and demonstrated effectiveness in problem solving and implementing new procedures related to increased departmental/organizational operating efficiency.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- BS in Cyber Security/Information Systems preferred, and/or a level of knowledge equivalent to that ordinarily acquired through completion of a Bachelors degree in a related technical field considered. Must possess, at minimum, a professional security certification (CISSP).
- Minimum of three years of professional experience in information system role of similar responsibility.
- Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) required.
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator and/or Engineer (CCNA or CCNE) required.
- Training and experience in Microsoft Active Directory/Windows Server Operating Systems 2008-2019 configuration and administration required. Office 365 experience is a plus. T
- Training and experience with Cisco network equipment configuration and administration required.
- Training and experience with industry leading security Anti-Virus and Encryption suite configuration and administration required.
- VMware administration experience required. VMware certification recommended. Experience architecting, maintaining, and supporting complex VMware environments required.
- Strong knowledge of network appliances and TCP/UDP routing theory. Such appliances include the Cisco Catalyst series professional switches, Cisco ASA, and related ISA or security appliances.
- Strong working knowledge of Certificate Authorities and maintenance of security certificates.
- Experience with HIPAA and Hi-Tech governing rules and regulations.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
- Weekend, shift work, holiday, on-call, and overtime may be required.
- Work is primarily performed in a standard office environment.
For more information about Chase Brexton, please visit: https://chasebrexton.org/