Hartman Executive Advisors is the region’s only completely independent technology advisory firm. We work with executives and nonprofit leaders to align IT solutions with business goals and strategy. Since Hartman does not profit from the sale of any system or technology, clients trust the advice and guidance they receive is strictly in their best interest. By developing a deep understanding of the business challenges arising from poorly aligned technology, and uncovering the transformational opportunities that result from strategically aligned technology, we set the path to advance, cultivate and leverage people, processes and systems to change and transform organizations. At Hartman, we deliver powerful business outcomes by leveraging technology strategy as a game-changer for our clients.
This role is designed to assist in providing effective and efficient technology solutions to meet the needs of the organization. It is a hands-on role with a focus on ensuring that all aspects of IT infrastructure and systems are operating in a highly efficient and effective manner in order to provide timely and secure access to critical systems and data.
- Install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously improve the organization’s operating environment.
- Maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure. This includes monitoring operating environments, responding to incidents, and planning for growth.
- Interact with vendors where appropriate to work collaboratively on projects or to resolve system issues.
- Ensure that storage, archive, backup and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Monitor and maintain LAN and WAN network devices, firewalls, domain controllers and virtualization devices.
- Network Administration including performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems, and escalating problems when appropriate.
- Assist with setup and staging of relevant equipment as needed.
- Systems Administration to ensure basic information technology security principles are adhered to across the organization.
- Prevent and/or remedy any security network incidents, unauthorized activities, malware infestations and potential security vulnerabilities.
- Serve as an escalation path on the help desk as needed for higher tier issues as they become identified.
- Identify and participate in projects to improve the environment on an ongoing basis.
- Assist in creating and maintaining relevant documentation related to the network and surround architecture.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; degree in the field of computer science desirable.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the areas of information systems, networks, servers and storage systems.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks.
- Works well with others or independently depending on the required activities.
- Preferred technology experience includes: Office 365, VMware, Meraki Firewall, Sophos