Full Stack Software Engineer
Contract Position, 20-40 hours per week
Case Impact Network is dedicated to unleashing business and capital as powerful forces for change. Case Impact Network works to accelerate and expand efforts and partnerships to help usher in a new era of more inclusive capitalism that works for all.
Case Impact Network is looking for a full stack software developer to play a guiding role in the technology behind a digital newsletter being launched to inform investors seeking to align their investing with their values. This position will play a key role in the strategy, architecture and development of the For What It’s Worth (FWIW) newsletter platform as it transitions from prerelease to soft launch and beyond. FWIW seeks to be the go-to, must-have resource for millennial investors. It will bring the tools, news, information, insights, and community needed for sustainable and socially conscious investing to life, instilling confidence and skills to deploy new capital at scale for profit and purpose. The email newsletter—light in tone but with heavy-hitting content and inclusive in focus—will be an impact investing journey guide, equipping knowledge and building confidence for new investors to align their investments with their values and will require tight collaboration between back-end and front-end systems to ensure the newsletter is delivered and shared effectively and innovatively. This person will be a key collaborator with the Case Impact Network team as they launch this newsletter with engaging quality and timely content that expands and speaks to this important demographic and builds a strong, loyal following.
The full stack engineer role at Case Impact Network will bridge the gap between back-end, front-end and operations systems to solve technical challenges quickly and effectively.
What will you be doing:
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Contribute to rapid and iterative development of validated minimum viable solution addressing user and market needs
- Design, build, configure, and test application software. Working on a small, dedicated team, you will ensure your product and services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment
- Design and maintain backend and frontend systems for rules, models and all product-level and platform-level logic
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to build new features for platform intelligence and User experience
- Work with a wide range of systems and technologies to own and solve problems from end-to-end
Education and Experience:
- Can put yourself in the shoes of your users and be a steward of crafting great experiences
- Enjoy being a generalist working on both the front-end, back-end, and anything it takes to solve problems and improve the product
- Can stitch together many different services and processes together even if you have not worked with them before
- Enjoy working with a diverse group of people with different expertise
- Thrive in a collaborative environment involving different customers, stakeholders and subject matter experts who treat their colleagues exceptionally well
- Think about systems and services and write high quality code.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Take pride in working on projects to successful completion involving a wide variety of technologies and systems
- Uphold best practices in engineering, design and operations
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production systems
- Offer feedback appropriately and effectively, seek out and receives constructive criticism well, listen when others are speaking and make space for colleagues to share their thoughts
What kind of team you’ll work with
- 3-5 years of previous experience in Product Development and Software Engineering
- Excellent programming ability
- Experience with Ghost, Wordpress or similar open-source CMS applications
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Receptive to and accepting of guidance from others
When you join the For What It’s Worth team, you’ll be surrounded by a culture of smart and diverse team members with entrepreneurial spirit who also like to have a little fun. Regardless of your title, your thoughts on how to drive the newsletter and all of its products forward will be sought out and valued. Working within a high-energy and fast-paced environment, priorities may shift quickly, but with supportive teammates, you’ll thrive on the dynamic approach to evolving ideas into outcomes that truly make a difference.