Digital Newsletter Writer – Financial and Investment Focused
Contract Position, 20-40 hours per week
Case Impact Network is dedicated to unleashing business and capital as powerful forces for change. Case Impact Network works to accelerate and expand efforts and partnerships to help usher in a new era of more inclusive capitalism that works for all.
Case Impact Network is looking for a newsletter writer with a background in finance and/or impact investing to research, write, and proofread For What It’s Worth (FWIW), a digital newsletter informing investors about how they can align their investing with their values. FWIW seeks to be the go-to, must-have resource for millennial investors. It will bring the tools, news, information, insights, and community needed for sustainable and socially conscious investing to life, instilling confidence and skills to deploy new capital at scale for profit and purpose. The email newsletter—light in tone but with heavy-hitting content and inclusive in focus—will be an impact investing journey guide, equipping knowledge and building confidence for new investors to align their investments with their values. This person will be a key collaborator with the Case Impact Network team as they launch this newsletter with engaging quality and timely content that expands and speaks to this important demographic and builds a strong, loyal following.
The newsletter writer will be responsible for writing the weekly newsletter, generating newsletter ideas, optimizing all content for SEO and engagement, and distribution via the Ghost platform, and working with the team to coordinate social media support and build out new offerings.
If you have excellent writing skills, a passion for making financial topics engaging for NextGen non-financial audiences, we’d like to meet you. Please share samples of your work by including either a portfolio or links to your published articles along with your application.
What You’ll Do
What You’ll Need
- Write most sections of the weekly newsletter
- Write and produce series of “evergreen” articles that can be referenced in newsletter
- Generate and pitch ideas for potential inclusion
- Interview industry professionals and research potential topics
- Work with outside vendors and consultants to optimize content and incorporate graphics throughout the newsletter
- Optimize published pieces using SEO best practices
- Participate in ideation sessions about expansion and new products
What kind of team you’ll work with
- 2+ years experience writing or developing content. Experience in finance or impact investing strongly preferred
- Strong communication skills with real excitement for creating engaging content and impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to “get up to speed” quickly on a variety of new subject matters as needed.
- A passion for markets, business, and finance topics
- Familiarity with newsletter metrics and strong analytical skills to spot opportunities in data and form actionable takeaways. Experience with Ghost or similar platform strongly preferred
- Deep familiarity with millennial trends and reader habits for news and information consumption. Experience writing for a diverse, millennial audience preferred
- A team player who collaborates well with various stakeholders
When you join the For What It’s Worth team, you’ll be surrounded by a culture of smart and diverse team members with entrepreneurial spirit who also like to have a little fun. Regardless of your title, your thoughts on how to drive the newsletter and all of its products forward will be sought out and valued. Working within a high-energy and fast-paced environment, priorities may shift quickly, but with supportive teammates, you’ll thrive on the dynamic approach to evolving ideas into outcomes that truly make a difference.
For more information about Case Impact Network, please visit: https://www.caseimpactnetwork.com/