B. Frank Joy is a premier veteran-owned small business contractor specializing in underground infrastructure construction. We dominate a market share through effective business development, and strategic partnerships with key vendors, customers, general contractors, and subcontractors. Joining B. Frank Joy, LLC as a IT Manager is an great opportunity to have high visibility in the company and report directly to an Executive. This position will enable to you to prosper and develop within the construction industry while providing top notch IT services to our workforce. We have offices in Washington DC and Maryland.
Our success has been built around our six core values:
- Integrity Always
- We are ethical in every situation with our customers
- We are open, honest, and direct with our people
- Powered by People
- We respect the dignity of each individual and value the diversity they bring
- We consider learning, developing, and growing requirements to work at Joy
- We value a can-do attitude
- Individual Responsibility
- We are individually accountable for our decisions and our actions
- We expect our people to take ownership of their jobs
- Constant Improvement
- We always aim to do things better
- We consider mediocrity and complacency as paths to failure
- We are never satisfied with things as they are
- Commitment to Safety
- We provide a safe workplace for our people, our customers, and our community
- We believe safety is the responsibility of each of us – and all of us
- Existing for our Customer
- We provide our customers with unsurpassed quality, service, and value
Supporting these principles is a set of beliefs or practices that guide us in how we do business and conduct ourselves on a daily basis. Our interview process includes: individual and panel interview, pre-employment assessment. Our screening process includes: criminal background check, employment verification, drug screening, pre-employment physical, and any additional role related screenings.
At BF Joy we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent employee benefits – to include attractive coverage options in medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance and PTO.
- We also offer the following options to our employees: EAP, FSA, and 401(k).
- Professional development
We are an equal opportunity employer. Veterans welcomed.
Primary Location(s) of Position:
Main Purpose of Job:
- 5355 Kilmer Pl, Hyattsville, MD 20781
- 10 G Street, NE, Suite 600 Washington, DC. 20002
- 19 Thomas Ave Brooklyn, MD 21225
The Information Technology Manager will provide direct management and oversight of the outsourced Managed Services Provider (MSP) and serve as a main point of contact for various software and technology relationships with critical vendors. The scope of this role will include responsibility of BFJ’s entire enterprise infrastructure which includes the Azure data center environment, Microsoft 365, security controls, network, workstations, laptops, mobile devices and printers.
The incumbent within this position must possess the vision, technical expertise, and knowledge of the principles & best practices of supporting an enterprise caliber production environment, high availability infrastructure technologies and strong familiarity with implementing and managing security controls. Additional skills the ideal candidate will possess includes a demonstrated history in proven leadership, high level judgement and decision making, management of ERP software systems, strategic & critical thinking and complex problem solving.
Essential job functions the incumbent within this position will complete include providing technical assistance and advice to senior management, overseeing the implementation and support of the technology strategy and roadmap, evaluating, selecting & implementing new technology infrastructure, setting policies, procedure implementation and overseeing compliance for all information security. The incumbent will establish and manage relationships with third-party technology infrastructure service and hardware providers, and routinely assess these relationships by utilizing performance management, accountability metrics, issue escalation and resolution, and service level management. The incumbent also serves as a point of escalation for application incidents and requests.
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in an information technology, business or management field.
Additional information technology experience will substitute on a year for year basis for the bachelor’s degree. A related master’s degree will also substitute for one year of the general experience.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications:
- Working and current knowledge of ERP systems and administration concepts, tools and techniques related to a Microsoft based enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated experience with interfacing with business leaders to gather, synthesize, and analyze functional requirements.
- Prior experience with implementing and ensuring compliance of an Information Security program and related policies, procedures, and controls.
- Prior experience with managing a group of IT infrastructure support professionals, vendors, and contractors operating in a multi-tiered support environment.
- Prior experiences with construction technologies (i.e. Cosential, HCSS, ViewPoint and Prophix).
To learn more about B. Frank Joy, please visit website at: https://bfjoy.com