The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for the implementation, maintenance and support of all personal computing hardware, software and business software systems. This includes primarily Tier-1 and Tier-2 end-user support via desk side, phone and remote support and the installation, and support of computers, software, and peripherals. This includes end user support and the installation, maintenance and support of computers, networking components, user and computer end-point management software, peripherals, telecommunications equipment, cabling, and also includes IT endpoint management, security and compliance management and other related duties.
- Provide Tier-1/Tier-2 technical support for all information systems and clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
- Escalate technical support issues to the Manager, IT Infrastructure Operations as necessary.
- Provide one-on-one end user training as necessary.
- Provide operational support of infrastructure information systems, including administration, and user support (e-mail, file servers, telecommunications, etc.).
- Provide operational support of branch office network infrastructure systems, including administration, configuration, technical support, upgrades/updates, maintenance and user support (network infrastructure equipment, email, print server, file servers, virtual software, telecommunications, etc.)
- Review logs and report findings from varied security systems.
- Installation and maintenance of computers, printers, fax machine, and other peripherals.
- Installation and maintenance of operating systems and software applications.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems and replace defective components when necessary.
- Design, configure and test computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Process daily/weekly/monthly IT task list.
- Maintain user IDs and application access control lists.
- Communicate status of work tickets, trouble calls, projects, tasks and technical support requests to the affected end users and/or requestor.
- Administer Inventory Control and Asset Management.
- File & maintain software inventory.
- Maintain acceptable attendance and timeliness levels.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting complex desktop systems and applications and have ability to conduct research
- Proficiency with using Windows desktop and Mobile operating systems, Microsoft Office applications, Anti Virus, telephony, printers, multi-function printers
- Proficiency with administering Office 365, OneDrive, SharePoint and Exchange Online
- Technical understanding of the Internet, URLs, and email. Experience with common enterprise infrastructure protocols and services including LAN/WAN, Active Directory, networking and Voice over IP.
- Communication Skills – Customer service with a professional, friendly, well-spoken manner
- Diplomacy – Using tact and choosing words and actions carefully when dealing with difficult situations
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems