Our client, Farmers Bank of Willards is seeking a Technical Support Specialist (Tier 1/Tier 2). This is a permanent, full time position that includes benefits. The Technical Support Specialist will be required to work on site and should reside in the Willards, MD, Salisbury, MD, Ocean City, MD, or lower Delaware areas. The salary range is $40-55k/annually based on experience.
This position is responsible for providing end-user technical support for Farmers Bank of Willards' information systems to ensure the rapid, personable and capable return to service of technology that supports the operational duties of staff. The Technical Support Specialist shares responsibility for the implementation, maintenance and support of all personal computing hardware, software and business software systems. This includes primarily Tier-1 and Tier-2 end-user support via desk-side, phone and remote support. The incumbent provides installation and support of computers, software, and peripherals. In addition, the position provides oversight and support of IT endpoint management, security and compliance management and other related duties; complies with all, state, and organizational policies, procedures, and processes, including (but not limited to) the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC); and maintains confidentiality of current, past, and potential customers and their personal and financial information.
Responsibilities for Technical Support Specialist
This list of essential functions is not necessarily exhaustive and may be supplemented, or otherwise revised by the employer, at its sole discretion.
Qualifications for Technical Support Specialist:
- Provides Tier-1 and Tier-2 technical support for all company information systems and clearly communicates technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner.
- Works with Tier-3 IT Administrator collaboratively to resolve issues escalating from Tier-2.
- Triages/identifies potential server-level issues and facilitates escalation of incidents to 3rd tier support staff.
- Cross-trains and provides backup coverage support of banking information systems, hosted internally or by 3rd parties, including administration, configuration, upgrades/updates, maintenance, and user support.
- Provides operational support of branch office PC computing systems and related network peripherals, including administration, configuration, technical support, upgrades/updates, maintenance, and user support (printers, telecom devices, etc).
- Works with Tier-3 internal and 3rd party support and engineers to provide “feet on the ground” assistance for on-site issues and initiatives such as installation and maintenance of branch office networking components.
- Participates in regulatory compliance auditing tasks and projects.
- Processes daily/weekly/monthly IT task list.
- Installation and maintenance of computers, printers, peripherals, operating systems and software.
- Manages service request tickets, queues and ensures ticket closure within established service level agreements (SLA) and provides effective and timely communication to staff regarding service requests, network systems updates and announcements etc.
- Provides continual feedback regarding potential improvements to Service Desk processes.
- Assists with IT projects in varying roles and responsibilities to include research, testing, training, implementation, support and post-implementation defect analysis.
- Maintains user IDs and application access control lists, and reviews/audits regularly via Active Directory and 3rd party software.
- Provides oversight of personal computers and network security services provided by 3rd party vendors, including computer patch management and anti-virus, reviewing and following-up on regular health and performance reports with responsible vendors.
- Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware, software, or system problems and replaces defective components when necessary.
- Travels to various branch offices to provide onsite support as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining desktop, printer and peripheral asset inventory and planning refresh initiatives.
- Develops and maintains PC imaging and deployment solution and process.
- Maintains and supports branch office telecom/phone equipment and configurations.
- Implements changes to production systems as necessary and in accordance with change control procedures. Maintains appropriate change control records.
- Communicates status of work tickets, trouble calls, projects, tasks and technical support requests to the affected end users and/or requestor.
- Participates in planning, communication, system recovery, testing and documentation for disaster recovery/business continuity events.
- Minimum Required: High school diploma/GED
- Desired: Some college
- Minimum Required 3 years progressive experience in IT helpdesk/technical support in a Tier-1 and Tier-2 role
- Desired: 4-5 years
- Banking experience preferred
- Required: None
- Desired: A+, Security+, Network+, Microsoft Windows, other technical training
- Excellent communication and customer service skills with a professional, friendly, well-spoken manner.
- Diplomacy – Using tact and choosing words and actions carefully when dealing with difficult situations.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Systems Analysis – Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operation and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Judgment and Decision Making – Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Reading Comprehension – Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Systems Evaluation – Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of tools and equipment needed to do a job.
- Typing – Type at least 40WPM.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to participate in multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize and adhere to tight schedules.
- Flexibility - Able to work at a variety of locations including travel between branches or training.
- Able to work with a variety of computing equipment including servers, pc’s, printers, UPS, peripherals, routers, firewalls, network switches and telephone systems.
- Able to work with and use a variety of software and operating systems including email, Windows, MS Office and bank operating systems.
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills
- Sitting required with occasional standing, waling, and the ability to climb a ladder.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools and to handle other computer components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Drive between offices.
- Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects such as computers and peripherals that may exceed 50 pounds.
Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.