Hartman Executive Advisors was founded with the vision of providing business-focused, vendor-independent consulting to mid-sized companies. As independent, trusted strategic advisors to our clients, Hartman’s mission is to create meaningful business outcomes that foster growth, greater financial returns and market dominance. By developing a deep understanding of the business challenges arising from poorly aligned technology, and uncovering the transformational opportunities that result from strategically aligned technology, we set the path to advance, cultivate and leverage people, processes and systems to change and transform organizations. At Hartman, we deliver powerful business outcomes by leveraging technology strategy as a game-changer for our clients.
Hartman Executive Advisors is seeking a COBOL Developer - Contractor to assist in a multi-phase project. Phase one is to investigate/assess system issues in a higher-education environment. Phase two will be dependent upon initial findings during the assessment but will consist of development, troubleshooting and remediation of system issues.
- Phase One - Approximately 20 hours per week to assess and identify system issues
- Phase Two - Hours/Duration scoped will be dependent upon the contractors assessment of system issues
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to conduct initial discovery/assessment of system-wide issues, create documentation and articulate solutions to remediate system issues
- Effectively deliver solution(s) to identified issues during assessment phase through strong COBOL programming and troubleshooting skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or similar, preferred
- Extensive experience utilizing COBOL programming language
- Experience supporting HP3000 environment is a plus but not required
- Background supporting higher-education environments is a plus but not required
- Past/current experience working as an independent contractor/consultant