The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
Position: Business Systems Analyst (Associate level), IT Department
Reports to: IT Director, IT Department
Scope: The Business Systems Analyst will report to the IT Director and will support the business by gathering and interpreting data requests and liaising with CIPE’s business application vendor/s to test if functionality meets necessary requirements. CIPE has a firm that provides remote support for IT issues, but this firm frequently needs to work with the Business Systems Analyst for issues that require onsite assistance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support IT Director with technology initiatives
- Support business users with technical issues in collaboration with IT Help Desk Service Provider
- Manage IT Help Desk Service Provider’s day to day activities and monitor ticketing queue
- On-board and train new CIPE employees on IT policies and procedures
- Prepare workstations for new hires and perform occasional workstation refreshes between deployments
- Manage and monitor hardware and software inventory
- Research and compare hardware and software needs to make recommendations for the company
- Analyzing the business processes in the company for inefficiencies. Making recommendations and approvals for solutions or improvements that can be achieved and attained through new technology or alternative uses of existing technology.
- Gather and document requirements for IT initiatives by liaising with business stakeholders
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; sharing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Assist with end user testing business application software: oversee the process and act as a technology tester
- Create documentation for end user training and support development of IT policies and procedures
- Manage Cyber security alert review
- Participate in IT governance committee meetings
- Support other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combinations of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities have been acquired
- 2- 4 years of experience working with information technology business users
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Azure and Windows environment
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking skills, and problem-solving skills
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Strong customer service skills to resolve issues professionally and support stakeholder needs.
- Ability to manage projects
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology and concepts into terms that are easily understood to all stakeholders; both technical and non-technical
- Self-motivated, highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to work independently, prioritize, and multi-task
- Demonstrated ability to be adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced environment based on changing business needs
- Ability to work well independently and in a team-oriented environment
Benefits and Perks
Competitive Benefits including medical, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, flexible spending, paid family leave, life insurance, 401(k), commuter benefits, telework, and more! Employee events including Company Picnic, Health & Wellness Fair, Holiday Party and lots of fun in between!
CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.