: Director of Information Technology
: Information Technology
: Director of Finance and Administration
: Full-Time, 12 months
Overview of School:
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School educates students from low-income families in Baltimore to prepare them for college. We are a Catholic, co-educational, college preparatory school, empowering students to succeed in college, work and life. In partnership with the Maryland Province Jesuits, the Cristo Rey Network and the philanthropic community, our school embraces families of racial, religious and ethnic diversity from Baltimore’s disadvantaged neighborhoods. Our Corporate Internship Program, in partnership with the Baltimore business community, complements our rigorous curriculum of mind, body and spiritual development. We nurture our students to be men and women in service to others through academic achievement, business experience, faith formation and civic leadership. Our goal is that 100% of our students graduate from college.
Cristo Rey Jesuit seeks to attract, develop and retain high quality employees who are committed to our core values:
- Act with Integrity
- Provide High Quality Learning Experiences
- Embrace a Growth Mindset
- Be a Great Teammate
- Results-Driven Decision Making
Operating in a hands-on Technology Leadership position, this position is responsible for managing the school’s Information Technology department. This position represents the top-level IT role for the school and reports into the Director of Finance. The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Works collaboratively with Principal and classroom teachers to facilitate the integration of existing and emerging technology across the curriculum to improve student achievement.
- Studies, evaluates, and, as appropriate, recommends to the Executive Team the adoption of new technology, methods and programs and the purchase of technology hardware, software, and services to meet operational and instructional needs.
- Works cooperatively with faculty and staff in planning and implementing the effective use of technology across instruction and operations.
- Prepares proposals and solicit bids for system technology needs.
- Implements, manages, and matures network security as appropriate.
- Reviews reports of computer and peripheral equipment use, malfunction, and maintenance to ascertain costs and plan operating changes.
- Maintains an inventory of the school's technology equipment and a log of equipment maintenance activities.
- Coordinates the development, monitoring, and periodic evaluation of a five-year technology plan for the school.
- Leads the planning and implementation of technology-related professional development.
- Oversees school’s student information systems and provides technical assistance, as needed.
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery and directly provides expert help desk support.
- Manages school's yearly E-rate application process.
- Manages development of school policies related to the use of technology hardware, software, and services.
- Manages the sections of the operating and capital budgets that relate to information technology.
- Coordinates installation and maintenance of computer hardware, software and peripherals, including communication hardware and software.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves problems for users; communicate solutions to end-users.
- Delivers, sets up, and assists in the configuration of end-user desktop hardware, software and peripherals.
- Performs minor desktop hardware repair for computer equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Manages or performs typical activities expected with the following technology solutions and our service providers.
- G Suite
- Third-party Managed Service Providers ensuring the following activities are taken care with respect to contractual agreements and expectations.:
- Microsoft Azure Services
- Backup and Recovery Services Operating in a Microsoft Hyper-Visor clustered environment
- Intune Management
- Windows Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) Management
- Hyper-V Management
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Independent self-starter with initiative and self-discipline comfortable working in a hands-on leadership role.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience operating in a similar hands-on Leadership role.
- Prior experience with implementing IT Management best practices and processes related to requirements gathering, IT governance, and technology evaluation and selection activities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills demonstrated at all levels within an organization.
- Prior working knowledge and troubleshooting experience with Microsoft Server system administration operating in a virtualized environment (Microsoft Hyper V preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of desktop/laptop troubleshooting, and maintenance best practices is required.
- Familiarity with School Information managements systems such as Campus/PCR, Classroom Portal, ALEKs, and READ180 are considered a plus.
- Prior exposure of working with a Managed Service Provider is highly desired.
- Ability to interface with School leadership and other stakeholders in order to understand Educational oriented requirements.
- Ability to learn quickly, thoroughly, and exhibit strong attention to detail.
- Reacts and adjusts quickly to changing conditions and comes up with practical ideas for dealing with them.