Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required
Technical competency with Windows Server, Microsoft Server, VMWare, Cisco Concepts (routing, switching, security), Active Directory, Security Tools and Cloud Computing Environments; drive strategic direction with the goals of the bank; develop and mentor others; proficient interpersonal relations and communications skills; knowledge of the bank’s policies and procedures as it impacts information technology and bank services; proficient reading, writing, grammar and mathematics skills; visual and auditory skills.
Minimum of 15 years of experience in the Information Technology field; experience in the financial industry is highly preferred; proven team leadership and organization skills; understanding of budgets and business planning; developing policies, practices and procedures; experienced in API Connections to third party vendors
The CTO will be responsible through effective management and leadership of direct and indirect reports and through guidance and effective communication with management of all business units at the bank, to ensure appropriate capacity and utilization of systems and technology throughout the organization to meet established objectives. This individual is tasked with efficiently and effectively managing reliability, value, security and enhancing services of the Bank’s systems to better support clients and to expand the Bank’s capabilities. This includes the implementation, review and maintenance of policies and operational procedures to ensure compliance with best practices and regulatory requirements. The CTO will also be responsible for future projects, hosting our own Fed Connection as well as leverage our technology subsidiary - BITS
- Serves as the Bank’s systems and technology expert and provides both operational support and long-term strategic planning for technology needs. Chair’s the Bank’s IT Steering Committee and is also a member of the cyber security and vendor management committees. Keeps abreast of emerging technologies, particularly related to the financial industry. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational seminars, review publications and establishing personal networks. Makes recommendations for enhancements and upgrades to new technology to support the Bank’s strategic plan. Additionally, assumes the responsibility for the successful development and monitoring of the annual technology budget.
- Lead the information technology team through the day-to-day coordination and oversight of technology projects and contributing to the success of the Bank by advancing the effective use of information technology. Directs and manages the daily and weekly workflow of the operations of the IT department and staff to bring all projects and service request to a timely and satisfactory
- Responsible for the reliable operation of all bank technology and systems 24/7/365 including by not limited to end user devices, servers, backups, firewalls, phone systems, network equipment, local area network, wide area networks and business application support and connectivity. Manages the inventory for hardware, software and software licensing ensuring adherence with license agreements maintaining effective asset management and cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for the building and managing relationships with technology vendors to ensure SLAs are managed and met. Conduct risk assessments and collect vendor compliance documentation on vendors based on risk. Actively participate in vendor disaster recovery and business continuity testing on an as needed basis. Review and approve invoices for all technology vendors.
- Manage IT security, including timely and effective vulnerability, penetration, patch management and other security practices and tools to, effectively defend the Bank against cyber threats, internal and external. Report and respond to cyber security incidents in a timely manner.
- Lead all phases, information technology projects including the planning, budget, communications, resource management and implementation of all information technology driven projects. Act as a resource for guidance and support for all business initiatives that include information technology.
- Monitors measure and improves the quality and reliability of key services. Key services include but are not limited to security incidents, patch management, service requests, backups, network availability, MDM, BYOD and VPN.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of information technology processes and procedures. Other documentation will include inventory management, monthly reporting, project management and technical documentation.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment, which is free of sexual harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness of the Bank and insures that the department and all personnel adhere to the same.
- Performs tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or re-designed depending upon individual circumstances.
- Ensures that business decisions and actions are in compliance with the Bank’s regulatory requirements, objectives, policies and procedures including BSA, AML, OFAC and Cybersecurity; know and understand that you are empowered to escalate critical issues that may potentially violate any of the above to Senior Management for resolution.