Service Coordination, Inc. is a private, nonprofit organization providing case management services throughout the state of Maryland to individuals with disabilities, those with complex medical needs and serious mental health disorders, transitioning youth, court-involved individuals, older adults and veterans. We believe that services should be tailored to meet people’s needs.
The Business Analyst (BA) will ensure the SCI Database (SCDB) is an effective and efficient tool supporting the provision of high-quality person-centered case management services. With a deep understanding of SCI’s business lines, the BA assesses current and future data requirements and user workflows to support the development of application requirements and deliverables for user facing functionality that encourages data integrity and ease of access to needed information. The BA works closely with various vendors, including but not limited to database designers, developers, and project managers to develop, assess, and implement solutions in a timely manner within an agreed upon budget.
- Coordinate the ongoing development and implementation of the Service Coordination Database (SCDB). Liaise with consultant database developers, IT, SCDB users, various external oversight entities of each program division, and organizational stakeholders as needed to ensure the application meets the needs of the people supported by the organization and effectively links to external data management systems as needed, including the LTSSMaryland data system.
- Coordinate the implementation and maintenance of automated data exchanges between SCDB and various external databases.
- Understand the hierarchy and relationships among information within the SCDB, current and potential system navigation, recommending efficiencies for various end user groups.
- Review and approve SCDB-related scopes of work and functional requirements incorporating current technology trends relevant to data analytics and user centric design. Develop and manage associated project plans and testing plans ensuring timely receipt and expected functionality of all deliverables focusing on solution development throughout the project life cycle.
- Analyze user requirements, workflows, case management and other organizational procedures to automate or improve existing systems supporting user interface and business requirements.
- Ensure all team members have the knowledge and resources available to navigate the SCDB and complete their essential job responsibilities by ensuring SCDB helpdesk inquiries are responded to in a timely manner and the SCDB information site is maintained with accurate and up to date information. Work collaboratively with program leadership and training staff to ensure team members’ proficiency in use of the SCDB ongoing and with the roll out of new functionality.
- Maintain knowledge of quality assurance and balanced scorecard metrics and datapoints ensuring their availability to team members through the development of dashboards and customized scalable reports.
- Support the organization’s expansion of services by evaluating data needs and workflows of new service divisions, creating a vision to meet strategic needs, and integrating new SCDB functionality supporting the strategic vision within a scalable system.
- Work collaboratively with program leadership to develop person centered protocols ensuring the quality and regulatory compliance of services, the ongoing oversight of these services, the associated data capture methods to measure the effectiveness of associated protocols, and remediation of systemic issues as needed.
- Facilitate the SCDB Committee with the purpose of working collaboratively with various SCDB user groups to maintain an understanding of their workflows and needed functionality to support their efficiency and effectiveness, as well as testing new functionality prior to deployment.
- Coordinate SCDB maintenance completion by coordinating with development consultants, web hosting vendors, internal IT, etc. as needed to ensure optimal performance and continuous system availability.
- Ensure accurate and up to date system documentation is maintained, including but not limited to: data and related metadata dictionary, schemas, technical standards and requirements, HIPAA and HITECH compliance.
- Meaningfully participate in the Strategic Planning process, and associated goal committees, leading committees and initiatives wherever appropriate.
- Work collaboratively with organization leadership to create a culture of person centeredness that starts with and extends from the people receiving our services and includes the professional staff providing or otherwise supporting the provision of services.
- Participate in meetings and training sessions that offer learning opportunities and that promote and enhance skills and professional development.
- Ensure that assigned organizational project objectives are met.
- Perform all duties as described, and others as required, using the foundation of the agency philosophy and values.
- Demonstrated commitment to person centered philosophy of services and management
- Strong belief in provision of community services for people who have developmental disabilities, medically complex needs, and various other disabilities.
- Strong communication skills. The ability to listen to user and stakeholder input as the basis for system requirements and functionality, as well as the ability to clearly describe the organization’s needs and desired deliverables to application developers and associated vendors both verbally and in writing.
- Quickly recognizes root-cause issues, discovers the source and generates thoughtful, effective person-centered solutions.
- Excellent computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and proficient use of data management systems as well as a demonstrated ability to learn new technology.
- Working knowledge of various data capture methods, data validation and logic options, database functions, and associated applications, as well as the ability and initiative to seek learning opportunities independently
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively while driving results and impacts performance both directly and indirectly.
- Able to review, understand, and implement database schema to meet the needs of the users while following the current architecture schema
- Manages time and resources effectively while balancing the priorities of the most important goals and outcomes.
- Willingness and desire to learn in an ever-changing environment.
- Ability to act in a manner that reflects well on the agency, and to respect the confidential nature of information.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, to meet the needs of people served.
- Have a reliable automobile to travel to meetings, etc. and a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to work in a mobile work environment.
Experience and Knowledge:
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information sciences and/or architecture, usability, engineering, mathematics or equivalent field of study, or
- Associate degree in related field and 2-3 years of additional experience
- Educational emphasis in database development, design, and information architecture preferred.
- 2-3 years’ experience in database development and design, computer software development, management information systems, web design, information systems, and project management.
- Experience supporting robotic process automation
- Knowledge of SQL, MySQL and hosted environments such as Amazon Web Services
- Ideal candidate will have experience in a case management or healthcare industry
**This role has the opportunity to work remotely, however there may be circumstances that require onsite presence. SCI corporate headquarters is located in Frederick, MD. It's preferred that qualified candidates reside in the MD, DC, VA, or PA areas.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Generally, presents standard office environment. Must be able to use telephone and computer on a regular basis. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10-25 pounds.
To learn more about Service Coordination, Inc. you may visit: https://www.servicecoord.org/