Hartman Executive Advisors is the region’s only completely independent technology advisory firm. We work with executives and nonprofit leaders to align IT solutions with business goals and strategy. Since Hartman does not profit from the sale of any system or technology, clients trust the advice and guidance they receive is strictly in their best interest. By developing a deep understanding of the business challenges arising from poorly aligned technology, and uncovering the transformational opportunities that result from strategically aligned technology, we set the path to advance, cultivate and leverage people, processes and systems to change and transform organizations. At Hartman, we deliver powerful business outcomes by leveraging technology strategy as a game-changer for our clients.
Hartman Executive Advisors is seeking an experienced Business Development Executive with strong capture management experience who will work with our Practice Leaders, Marketing and company ownership to capture and develop new business relationships within our target markets and demographics. The Business Development Executive will leverage existing relationships, and will execute an approved business development plan designed to create new relationships and customers. The Business Development Executive is responsible for engaging C-level business executives in both social as well as individual environments in order to evaluate opportunities and communicate Hartman’s unique value proposition. People who thrive on working with executive teams and gaining the trust of customers and prospects by helping businesses solve strategic problems through the effective utilization of information technology would be a good fit for this role. As we grow our business in the Greater Washington region, we are looking to add a team member who knows the region and can add value to our expansion efforts.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Work with company ownership to develop a personal plan of action designed to achieve sales goals by developing profitable business within Hartman’s demographic.
- Establish and execute weekly and monthly activity plan (events, warm calls, COI meetings, prospect meetings, proposals, and closes) designed to achieve established sales goals.
- Work with the Marketing team to leverage Hartman content and events for prospective clients and COI.
- Work with Client Managers (CMs) in a team selling environment to design solutions and strategies to meet the needs of our prospective clients.
- 5 or more years of earning the distinction of “top 10%” of producers in relevant professional service firms, consulting firms, and IT service providers
- Strong network of C-Level executives in industries such as Financial institutions (including community banks and credit unions), Government Contractors, Construction and Real Estate, Distribution and Retail, and Contract and Service based companies
- Working knowledge of relationship selling principles, including the ability to conduct an effective sales meeting, ask effective questions, explore customer pain, communicate how our solutions can uniquely solve prospective customer pain, effectively close business, etc.
- Experience forming relationships with and selling directly to the CEO and other executive members of organizations
- Strong knowledge of the Greater Washington market, specifically middle-market companies
- While deep technical knowledge is not required, the successful candidate must have the ability to understand the business and technology challenges of our prospective customers, and be able to work with the CM team to recommend an engagement scope of work (SOW) to resolve those challenges as well as make warm connections through existing networks
- Experience in managing multiple projects/programs simultaneously
- Experience managing resources, budgets and project timing
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong business writing skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
**Please note that this is a full-time permanent position with benefits and bonus opportunity.
Learn more about our organization at www.hartmanadvisors.com